My Photo
Name:
Location: New Westminster, British Columbia, Canada

Monday, December 19, 2005

Bangkok, Thailand

I took the night train from Kanchanaburi to Surat Thani, followed by a bus to Krabi. I ended up in Ao Nang Beach, where I took the PADI (Professional Association of Diving Instructors) Open water diver course (4 days.) It was a lot of fun. The water temperature was between 29-32 degrees Celsius. In addition to learning all about the gear and how to use it without killing myself, I saw lots of cool looking fish and corals. The weather began to deteriorate towards the end of the course. It rained a lot and apparently it was worse in the southern gulf, (east coast - ko samui, ko pha ngan, ko tao) so I cancelled my plan of attending the full moon party on the 16th (on ko pha ngan.) I hung out in Ao Nang for a few more days. I'm in the famous (infamous?) tourist ghetto of Koa San road in Bangkok. I begin my journey home tomorrow.
Scuba Diving in the Indian ocean


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home